Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Pacers are good? Who knew?

Very short commentary today.

Was able to catch some of the Bulls/Pacers game 2 last night.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the Indiana Pacers.  For a team that finished 8 games below .500  for the season, they are really making the top seeded Bulls work.

That's a pretty nice roster they have there:  Danny Granger, Darren Collison, Roy Hibbert, Tyler Hansbrough...no superstars, but lots of pretty good players.  Even their backups are pretty good.  TJ Ford, Mike Dunleavy, AJ Price, Josh McRoberts...

I really like watching them play.  If that team had a superstar, they'd be fearsome! 

Which is probably their problem, they are going to be too good to ever get a high pick, and they'd have to give up too much of their core in a trade to secure a star player.  So they'll probably never go anywhere as constructed, which is too bad.

Now, if I can wrap my Tarheel brain around the fact that I heard "Hansbrough passes to McRoberts", during the broadcast last night, I think I have a "new" favorite team in the Eastern Conference.

Even if they are an 8 seed.  Go Pacers.

No comments:

Post a Comment