Wednesday, January 29, 2014

General Musings of the Doofus

I haven't written anything in here in like, quite a while.

So, let's see...what's going on in the world?

The President's State of the Union Address was last night.  I tend to avoid politics altogether.  And you know why...because it's never ending.  Obama spoke, and I thought what he said sounded good, but then the Republicans came on and said how everything Obama said was wrong.  I used to think the same thing about President Bush...he'd speak and I thought what he said sounded good (although he's not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama), and then the Democrats would come on and say how everything Bush said was wrong.

Whatever.  I'm a moderate.  I take pretty much both parties with equal size grains of salt.  There's no way either side can be all right and all wrong.

The Superbowl is coming up.  Peyton Manning and his Broncos face the Seahawks and (I'm not sure who their marquee player is?  Russel Wilson? Marshawn Lynch? Richard Sherman?) their complete team.

It looks like it will be a great game on paper...#1 offense vs #1 defense.  The Superstar aging QB vs an intense, young, and hungry defense.  I'll probably cheer for the Seahawks, because #1 the Broncos are AFC West Rivals, and #2 I can never cheer for Peyton Manning.  (I personally think it's some sort of envy stemming from when he was drafted first by the Colts, and the Chargers got stuck with Ryan Leaf).

Motley Crue announced yesterday that they are retiring....cue all the "I thought they were retired already" jokes!  But, before they go, they are going on a final tour...one last hurrah, if you will.  I'm not their biggest fan, but once upon a time I liked them alot, and it's kind of sad seeing them go through this "publicity stunt" type event just to get some attention again.

The Weather has been in the news...guess what?  It's Cold and Snowy!  Nevermind the fact that it's January with February coming up and it's pretty much always cold and snowy in the winter.

Justin Bieber was arrested!  And I'm not really sure why anyone cares...or why I brought it up here.  (OK, fine, you caught me...I went to Google News after the Motley Crue thing, I was out of ideas)

I heard something on the news the other day, that teens and young people are fleeing Facebook by the millions.  This is not surprising.  Have you been on facebook lately?  It's a bunch of old people showing pictures of their Grandkids.  Frankly, I'd have given up facebook a few years ago...except for the fact that there are a few friends from college and HS on there, that I'd have no other way to keep in contact with...so I keep my account.

OK, that's it for me.  Maybe I'll put something of some substance on here sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment