You know, the guys responsible for this:
I think we can all just cut Hanson a break, for a number of reasons:
1. First of all, MMMBop is one of the catchiest tunes of all time.
2. It's not Hanson's fault that they were young when they recorded it.
3. I mean, that song is really catchy isn't it.... if you watched the video, you're humming it right now, aren't you. You know you are.
4. Did you know that Hanson is STILL together? And putting out new music?
Check out their webpage: They are actually on tour: Right Now
5. Did you know, that they've made SIX studio albums, and that they are still recording?
6. Their newest album"Anthem" was released this past June.
7. The first single "Get the Girl Back" actually cracked the VH1 Top 20 countdown a couple of weeks ago.
Speaking of which... how do the Hanson Brothers sound these days?
8. That "MMMBop" was one catchy song wasn't it? " I mean, between you and me, don't go spreading the word or anything, and I'm not proud of it or nothing....but that MMMBop, was one of the better pop songs I've heard. Just don't admit that to anyone else.
9. Did you know the Hanson brothers make their own beer? Well, they do. MMMHops from the guys who created MMMBop.
10. So next time you hear someone rag on Hanson, or what a travesty it was for those young "kids" to dare to have a hit song, or what a piece of crap it was... You know in your heart, they are closet MMMBop fans, just like the rest of us. They just want you to think they don't like it, out of some sort of twisted superiority complex.
So, next time you hear "MMMBop" or "Get the Girl Back" on the radio, go ahead and turn it up, and don't worry about who can hear it.
Go see them in concert, buy a poster or a t-shirt, download the new album, purchase a sixer of MMMHops...wear your Hanson Badge with pride..because, there's really nothing to be ashamed of anyway.