Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to bare(footing)

Took a week or so off, not by choice, but life got in the way.

The last few times I'd ran before my break... I went a one mile in the Altra Instincts and then ran the rest of the way in my regular shoes.

So yesterday, I took advantage of the nice weather outside and took the Altras for the first run outside.  Went 2.5 miles and it went pretty good.  Calves got a bit tired, and ran a bit of the way with more of a heel strike, but it didn't bother me too much.

Today, repeat performance.. but ran it indoors on the treadmill.  2.5 miles

Calves tightened up about 2 miles in... nothing terrible.

Feeling pretty good afterwards, I am supposed to run six miles tomorrow, it will be in my "traditional" running shoes, though.  And it will also depend on how I am feeling in the legs.  If I feel ok, I'll go the full distance, otherwise I may cut back a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment