Wednesday, December 31, 2014

To Podcast, or not?

I've been debating whether I should start my own podcast.

I know how to do it.  I did a few for the school last year (but haven't done any this year, because frankly, I haven't had the time), but I should probably start doing those again.

There are a number of sites with free storage where I can hold the mp3 file for the podcast, and I can easily record something.

image from SoundCloud
I'm thinking SoundCloud would be a good place to store the podcast at.  It's free, it's accessible, and it also has it's own app.

But what to talk about?  I can talk about sports.  Current Events.  Pop Culture.  Things like that.  I don't want to talk about my job, or coaching my team, or things of that nature.  They would need to be more about things that are out in the world.

Whatever it is, it wouldn't be very long.  I'm thinking like about 15 minutes or so...maybe I could pull it off once a week.

Every time I consider this, I get cautious, because... well, 2 things:
1.  Who the heck am I to have a podcast?
2.  Who in the world would listen to it?

The other reason I'm hesitant, is that I've been unable to keep any sort of activity going on this blog for the past 6 months, and now I'm thinking about adding a podcast to the mix?

However, there's something about the format that holds interest to me.  I love listening to them, myself, and they can be so interesting on so many front.  The Serial Podcast the past few months was immensely entertaining, and recently I've been introduced to a new podcast called "Startup", that actually discusses the process of starting a new podcast company.  I've only heard 2, but I think it's pretty interesting.

There is something about the format that appeals to me.  I'm a reasonably opinionated person, and it could be something that is fun.

Well, I guess it's a possibility that I'll continue to consider.

I may post a link to a "trial run" of a podcast.

Maybe I'll post something that will have something to do with the Bowl games tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment