Monday, January 5, 2015

No more Alison Rosen?

So I downloaded this morning's Carolla podcast, excited to start the new year.  They usually just do repeats over the Holidays, and so I hadn't really listened in a couple weeks.

from AlisonRosen.com
And Adam starts the show saying that Alison Rosen will no longer be on the show?

I don't like it.

I also didn't like the "reason" given, which was, "She wasn't a good fit as a sidekick."  She was a "good sidekick" not a "great sidekick".

She's been on the show for Four Years, Man!

Maybe it will come out that there was a contact negotiation that went bad, or maybe it will come out that Alison wanted more money.  But there had to be something other than just "she wasn't a great fit".

She Was An Awesome Fit!  I loved her.  And specifically, I loved her on this show.  I've listened to her solo podcast "AlisonRosenIsYourNewBestFriend", and while it's ok, it really depends on the guest.

What I liked, was Alison mixed in with Adam and Bald Bryan.  She was great.  She was a great "newsgirl".  I loved her interactions with them, and the guests, particularly David Allen Grier.

Alison started off today's "Best Friend" by saying she is no longer working with Adam Carolla, and that she is taking her podcast with her, and she gets to start her "own pirate ship" or "love bus" or something like that.

I'm not giving up on Adam, I continue to listen to his show, at least for a while.  I enjoy his show, and I enjoy his guests, and I'll continue to do so.  But it's going to be tough to replace Alison Rosen.  I already hated the new "news song" they played as an intro to the news. (And I didn't care for the replacement Gina Grad, but that's not her fault... I'll give her some time).

Adam, you have a tough job in front of you.

I don't like it.  Just like a week ago I wrote that the Adam Carolla show was my favorite Comedy Podcast of the last year... and now, 1/3 of the dynamic is gone.  And that sucks.

I'll miss you Alison, and I suppose I will check out your podcast more often now.

Alison Rosen from http://firstorderhistorians.files.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment