Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top 5 of the last 5.

No this isn't the "post" I aluded to yesterday.

It's just taking me a very long time to write, so I thought I throw something really short out there for consumption.

So, without further ado, these are my "Top 5 Bands from the last 5 years".

Note:  This doesn't mean these bands didn't exist five years ago, just that I hadn't heard of them or listened to them.

Top 5 of the last 5:

#1  Silversun Pickups - I have never, not once, heard a Silversun Pickups song, and thought "I want to listen to something else".  To me, that's #1 status.

#2 Vampire Weekend - Snobby, preppy, etc, etc... call them whatever you want.  Their first album was great, and their second album was even better.  I'm excited for them to release some more tunes.

#3  The Gaslight Anthem - just straight ahead rock and roll.  What I like about these guys, is that their music sounds kind of timeless like, it wouldn't sound out of place in a movie set in the 70's, 80's or today.

#4  Foster the People - these guys came up with the catchiest song for this year.  And maybe the decade.  Very strong debut performance.

#5  Mumford and Sons - these guys were on my Amazon.com "reccomendations" list for about a year.  I never listened to them.  Then I saw them perform on the Grammy's last spring, bought their album and been listening to it ever since.

I realize that many people will disagree with my list.  I'm going to try really hard to give a darn.  I love these bands, and hopefully someone out there will hear or listen to someone they haven't heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment