Wednesday, May 29, 2013

100 Posts: A Look Back

So, last night my review of Troy Blackford's "For Those With Eyes to See" was my 100th post on the doofus blog.

In the interest of self interest, I thought I'd take a look at the "Stats" that have been run up here over the past few years.

All Time page views:  6,138  (673 last month)

Most Viewed Posts:
Nov 17, 2011
593
404
May 24, 2012
386
May 21, 2012, 1 comment
177
109

Two of my earliest posts ever, have the most views.  Also, I've found that "Top 10" and "Top 5" lists are popular.

Glad to see 177 views of my "Saying Goodbye to Seau" post.  That was a hard one to write for me.

Top "Search Keywords" that have led people to my blog:
scott brooks
141
musings of a sports doofus
26
worst sports uniforms
22
ugly browns fans
21
grace potter
10
sports doofus
9
So, Oklahoma City Thunder Head Coach Scott Brooks is number 1, and by a long way.  Which is strange because I think I've only written about him one time.  Also love the "ugly browns fans" search.

The Audience of this blog:
United States
4191
Russia
261
France
213
Germany
209
United Kingdom
130
Canada
63
China
59
Sweden
53
Philippines
45
Australia
24
So mostly Americans, which is understandable, because I'm American and my facebook and twitter followers are American.  Surprising to see Russia in 2nd on this list.  Again, Welcome Comrades!

By Month... the most views of this blog
April 2013 with 848 views
May 2013 (still not over!) with 644 views at this writing.
September 2012 with 445 views

As you can see from the picture below, the attention being paid to the blog appears to continue to grow.


As to why I started this blog... I'm not really sure.  I just felt like I had some opinions on things, and wanted to put them out there.  I'm not whining or anything, but I don't really have a lot of close friends, and many of those live quite a ways away.

It was just a way for me to communicate my thoughts, originally on sports, but then amended to include Television, Movies, Music, and whatever else I find interesting.

It's still mostly about sports.  April being the (former) home of the NFL draft, and my live blogging of it the past year was certainly the reason that last month had the most views.

What does all this mean?  Nothing much.  I'm just a guy with a keyboard, who likes sports and popular culture.

Thanks for reading this.  If you're a regular visitor to the blog...feel free to sign up to be a "follower".  I only have 5!  Maybe someone with 100 posts and only 5 followers should "wise up" and stop "wasting his time" by typing a bunch of worthless drivel.  But I'm not going to.

Tell some friends, spread the word... I bet we could double the number of followers in a Month!  
(that's a little joke, I know... I'm not funny)

Thanks again.  We'll see you in the funny papers.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment